Our next course is running here in Tauranga at Aviation Training, 13 Kittyhawk Way, Tauranga.
Call Ross on: 027 9573860 or you can book your training using the calendar below.
The more people we have on a course the lower cost per person for each attendee.
We serve lunch and drinks for both days, and take you for a trip to the control tower when possible.
What You Will Learn In Our 101 And 102 Training:
- Civil Aviation Rules that are applicable to you and how to comply with those rules when flying your UAV
- Interpretation and meaning of CAA Parts (documentation) and specific requirements operators of unmanned aircraft need to follow to meet compliance with regulations
- Airspace knowledge about the “upside down wedding cake” areas of the airspace around your region
- Flight planning – where you are going to fly and mitigating hazards/protecting your drone from damage or loss
- About different airspaces such as controlled and uncontrolled airspace and how restrictions in those airspaces apply to you
- How to read weather and how it impacts your flying
- Airshare website – how to log your flights on Airshare and get Air Traffic Control authorisation
- Who to ask for permission from to fly under Civil Aviation Rule Part 101 and 102
- Guidance and training for reading and understanding Visual Navigation Chart (VNC)
- NOTAMS (notice to airmen), what they are and when need to file one as a UAV pilot
- What it’s like for pilots to fly around drones, case studies and real lie scenarios that help you make good decisions when flying your drone
- Airmanship and rules to help you stay out of trouble with authorities but also keep you and your drone (UAV) safe
- Flight operations – all about how your drone works, flies, battery care and longevity etc
- Privacy considerations around people and property
- Certified operations rules and expectations
- Trip to the Tauranga control tower (where possible) to hear from the ATC controllers you’ll be liaising wit
- Knowledge testing to meet CAA requirements for certification