Don’t let time Fly! Take the Controls and fly yourself.
If you’ve ever dreamed of flying an aeroplane… We will teach you the basics and give you the most hands-on Trial Flight available. Depending on the weather and your skills, you may even get to land the aircraft! Not to mention the stunning scenery of Tauranga while you learn to fly the beautiful Piper Warrior.
If you want to achieve your Private Pilots License or Commercial Pilots License this Trial Flight Lesson will give you an insight into the Aviation Industry. You can ask as many questions as you like when you come through and fly with Aviation Training. We can assure you that once you have taken to the sky, you will forever look upwards and wish you were there.
Your Trial Flight will consist of:
- You flying the Airplane
- You have an Experienced instructor guiding you, every step of the way.
- Your flying time from the trial flight contributes towards your license so you have everything to gain.
- No previous experience necessary, we’ll do all the work and you have all the fun.
- Learning how to fly is an amazing and exciting experience.
What can you expect on the day?
We will Take-off from Tauranga Airport on either Runway 25 or 07. We will turn out and head to either Maketu or Matakana Island. As soon as we level off I will brief you on the controls and from then on you will be flying the aircraft. With some instruction from me you will turn the aircraft, climb and descend in preparation for coming back to land at Tauranga.
You will be able to see the beautiful Mount Maunganui, Papamoa Hills, Kaimai Ranges, Matakana Island, Motiti Island and even White Island if the weather is clear.
Arriving for your trial flight, we’ll take you through:
- The basics of how airplanes fly.
- The Piper Warrior, the controls, the engine, instrumentation, and safety features.
- The various areas where we are going to fly around the beautiful Tauranga region for that day.
- Once you’ve been through your briefing… It’s time to go flying!
We’ll take you through the systems and pre-flight, and then we’ll start it up!
Your Trial Flight will include:
- Basic effects of controls.
- Climbing, Descending, Turning.
- Approach for and possibly the actual landing(weather/skill dependent).
Take it further and complete your license:
The collective experience our instructors have, allows you to be taught a wider range of skills, and a thorough understanding of every aspect of aircraft flying.
Flight Training Lessons Include:
- Airplane basic to advanced handling
- Ground maneuvering
- Maximum Weight Take-offs
- Airplane theory taught in an understandable way.
- Best practices developed over years of flying all types of aircraft in extreme conditions.
- Weather and wind factors
- Mountain Flying
- Short Field approach and landings
- Instrument ratings for poor weather flight
- Everything you need to get your private or commercial Airplane license
- The fun stuff you can only do in an Airplane